On Wednesday, September 6 Hurricane Irma made its way through the Virgin Islands destroying and damaging many homes and businesses. Although St. Croix received minimal damage, St. John and St. Thomas suffered greatly. We have been working with various agencies and groups to provide helpful information and bring services back online. Here are some sites to keep you up to date with news and recovery efforts.
- usviupdate.com – Department of Tourism
- informusvi.com – Government of the VI
- news.vi – News from around the Virgin Islands
If you would like to donate to the relief efforts, the St. Croix Foundation for Community Development, Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands, St. John Rescue, and many other organizations are raising money to provide relief to Virgin Islanders. Visit the VINewsApp Hurricane page for a list of organizations and more information.
To our customers:
Although we suspended the automatic suspension of services, you may have received an email about a past due balance. We were tied up with recovery efforts and did not have a chance to update our reminder emails. Many of our customers and partners have been severely impacted, and we’d like to help out.
St. Croix and Southeastern US Based Businesses:
– If your invoice was sent on or before Thursday, August 28 and was due on or before September 5, your new due date is Friday, September 15.
– If your invoice was due on or after September 6, we have extended the due date.
St. Thomas, St. John, and Northeast Caribbean Based Businesses:
– We want you to focus on recovering and rebuilding. You may continue to receive invoices however no services will be suspended. We will work with each of our customers to setup a payment plan or if needed, waive certain fees.
Regardless of where your business is located, if you need assistance at any time or need to extend your payment date, please reach out to us prior to your payment due date or as soon as possible. We’re here to work with you.